JMX 1.1 Maintenance ReleaseHere is the list of modifications accepted for this Maintenance release.
- the list of modifications committed for JMX 1.5 (JSR 160)
- the list of modifications delayed to a later version
- the list of submitted problems not beeing bugs
Notes- The Specification, RI and TCK have been impacted and updated.
- The "What's New" chapter in the Specification lists the changes done in the Specification document.
- A Release Notes document is provided, listing all changes.
Main Changes- JMX 1.0 did not specify completely the serialized form of JMX classes that implement the Serializable interface.
JMX 1.1 does specify this completely.
The specification is not completely compatible with the form used by the Reference Implementation in JMX 1.0.
With the RI in JMX 1.1, if the property "jmx.serial.form" has the value "1.0", the old serial form is used.
- JMX 1.0 had some sensitive global variables that were accessible without permission checking.
This could allow untrusted code to interfere with trusted code.
JMX 1.1 defines a new permission, MBeanServerPermission, which is required before accessing these variables.
This is used for fixing security holes.
- The TCK has been extended to validate JMX on JDK 1.4.
There are now 2 signature files, one for JDK 1.3, another for JDK 1.4.
- For stability, ModelMBean code has been reworked by Sun Microsystems.
Optional features present in the previous version are not supported anymore, only the full specification is implemented.
COMMITTED FOR JMX 1.5
NOT A BUG